Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Seven Complex

At some point during quarantine I started associating the number seven with smoothies. This is because the smoothie I get from Corner Stone CafĂ© costs seven dollars. Not bad, I know. I realized after Joey said something about the number and I reflexively started craving it. There was nothing I wanted more in that moment. But after awhile, the number seven came to the forefront again, in a new way. There is this word game I play on an app, Wordscapes, but it gets annoying because, after each round, a number of ads for different apps come up. I’m uninterested in the other apps, in fact I’m very happy with just the one word game I play on my phone. After some clicking around, I found out it costs seven dollars to get rid of ads on Wordscapes. This seems ridiculous to me, on many levels. I guess you could call Summer 2020 the summer I started obsessing about the number seven. Ha-ha.

 

The other day Taylor said Fox News called protesters “Joe Biden voters.”

People should question their motives more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Diary

Blood Relatives I haven't met most of them. Poland. Place I've only been to once and a sense of rupture within me comes to mind when...