Thursday, November 5, 2020

It's my blog but you can read it

In the last week I took note of the nuances in my friends' political views. We don't all feel the same way

The days I didn't work felt harsh. I had one of those waves of despair that washed over me. I don't mean it in a big deal way, but it made me want to collect rocks and stack them all around the house.

I found myself watching Zadie Smith interviews. She talked in one about listening. She said conservative outrage stemmed at its core from a discomfort with language. Certain words, or arrangements of words, that ultimately provoked them. ex: "Black Lives Matter"...a statement excluding white existence...how disturbing.

It made me want to go back to grade school to see where people got messed up.

Thought about calling my mom.

Is it normal to know what you're going to say before you say it? Or does it all just kind of happen naturally?  you figure out what you're thinking as it comes out. 

I'm getting a little bored of myself. I'm reading Kafka for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Diary

Blood Relatives I haven't met most of them. Poland. Place I've only been to once and a sense of rupture within me comes to mind when...